Wednesday 15 January 2014

Canadian Politicians Who Tried Pot

Rob Ford
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he has had his fair share of marijuana.

"Oh, yeah. I've smoked a lot of it."



Justin Trudeau

"Sometimes, I guess, I have gotten a buzz, but other times no. I’m not really crazy about it.”



Tom Mulcair
The Opposition leader's office said that Mulcair has smoked in the past but not since he was elected to office. Mulcair was elected to the National Assembly of Quebec in 1994.



Jim Flaherty

"Yeah, in my teenage years... a couple of times, I have to admit: I didn’t like it."



Marc Garneau
The Liberal MP and Canada's first astronaut said he tried marijuana as a student in the 1970s in England

"It's not my thing. I stopped because it wasn't doing anything for me."



Kathleen Wynne
The premier of Ontario said she smoked pot decades ago.

"I have smoked marijuana but not for the last 35 years."




Darrell Dexter
Said the former premier of Nova Scotia:

"Like every other person I knew back in the '70s when I went to university, some of whom are actually in this room, I would have tried it, the same as other people at that time."





Christy Clark
Said the premier of British Columbia:

"I graduated from Burnaby South Senior Secondary in 1983 and there was a lot of that going on when I was in high school and I didn't avoid it all together."





Tim Hudak
The leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario admitted he's puffed in the past.

"I was a normal kid, I had a normal upbringing, a normal life in university. I experimented from time to time with marijuana. It’s a long time ago in the past and in the grand scheme of things."





Paul Martin
The former prime minister of Canada told CTV News:

"The answer is: I never smoked. I never smoked anything, but there was an earlier time, years ago, when (my wife) made some brownies and they did have a strange taste."





Kim Campbell
The former prime minister admitted while running for the leadership of the Progressive Conservatives that she tried weed.

"And I inhaled the smoke."





Jack Layton
Said the former NDP leader:

"Yes, and some might say I never exhaled."





Dalton McGuinty
The former premier of Ontario said he experimented in his teens, but only twice.




Brad Wall
The premier of Saskatchewan said he was an "infrequent" user back in university.

"It didn't really do anything for me, luckily, because for some, it does lead to other things."





No comments:

Post a Comment